Monday, March 1, 2010

Going Gluten Free is Hard

About 5 years ago, I had a very scary thing happen to me while I was eating a Subway sandwich. The best kind, Cold cut, with everything on it :) even yellow spicy peppers... mmm. About 20 minutes later.. My tongue swells... my lips get so puffy I looked like a puffer fish! o.o eek! I realized that they got every itchy and then they puffed up! My mother had to rush me to the hospital.. and to my surprise my ER doctor looked like Brendan Fraiser... hahaha only with a beard. He was too cute! They had to give me a rush of meds in an IV and benydrill (sp) - can't spell!

2 hours later...

The swelling went down, and they told me to get a blood test done.

3 Negative blood tests later... Still allergic to wheat, and barley. Everything I would try I would get a horrible allergic reaction... Luckily now I haven't had one since last year. *fingers crossed!* I'm more aware now of what I cannot eat, even when the doctors tell me I can - still scared to.

I have to always carry around Epi-pens with me just incase.

Everything That I eat that would have wheat in it made me have a bad reaction.. now i'm 100% Gluten Free. And It's harder than ever. Food is so expensive - 6 bucks for a loaf of bread! AH! I can't go without my sammys. Not going to happen!



Gluten-Free foods are 100% different from what I'm used to! Everything tastes so different. Not all resturants have GF foods.. Now i'm more picky than ever! Sometimes I think I belong in a bubble.

On a good note, I had THE BEST PIZZA that I've had in a long time. I've always been searching for a good pizza for the longest time. Everything I've ever tried tasted like a brick! Yuck!

Pizza Fusion on RT 8 in Gibsonia, PA is amazing! :) actually tastes normal! you can't even tell the difference! :)

That really made my day.. I ate the whole thing. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment