Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Others are Beginning to be Aware

Yesterday my mom and I stopped Soergels right off of the Wexford Exit, and we hadn't been there in a long time since they got the gluten free food in, but they completely are aware of the allergy! They have their own section now for just GF foods! - and desserts... got a couple mountain pies and cookies.. :)

It instantly brought a smile to my face when I saw that, because it makes my time there much easier to find the things I need! We got our Lasagna noodles we had been looking for everywhere! It was like Giant Eagle isn't selling them anymore:( Not even in the GF section by the paramacy! So we got that, some flours, my desserts... ():) haha I love sweets. Can't help it! and Pre-made pizza crusts! I HAVE BEEN WAITING! I have been waiting for someone to come out with already made pizza crusts!!

So we bought 2 packages with 2 crusts in them. I ate 2 last night when I brought them home... Lets just say they were DELICIOUS!! I ate them both...(hint.. I'm a pig.) haha. But what can I say? I get excited when I see that other stores and places are becoming aware of the GF movement, haha. It definitely makes my life and eating habits easier!

I found a website that fully explains what Gluten Free is and the allergy. I do think that people need to be arware, and don't just think we are making this up. I went to PF Changs in the Waterfront a few months ago with my boyfriend and his friends and I asked him for the GF menue and the soysauce.. he asks me with this tone of voice like i'm lieing, "Are you REALLLYY Gluten free? or do you just like it?" - My response, "Sir, I have epi-pens in my purse and when I eat wheat I swell up and can't breathe." - "Okay" he said, walked away like he just got a slap in the face. Who asks that question anyway?! If someone asks you for the GF menue and Soysauce, you don't question it. OBVIOUSLY they are GF. Duhh! Anyway, here's the site. http://www.gicare.com/diets/Gluten-Free.aspx

I think there are a lot of skeptics out there about people with a Gluten/wheat allergy, I mean I can understand that it's not as popularly known as the Peanut allergy, but hello?! There are others out there with different allergies... Dumb Dumbs. So for future knowledge people... Read up on GF stuff, Wheat allergies, what it is, why it happens, how known is it... That way when you meet a GF person, you can say, "hey I know some stuff about that!"

Kinda helps others feel better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment