Sunday, April 11, 2010

More Newbies

So I was in class the other day and we were talking about Gluten free foods, and someone metioned that they'd like to try a gluten free cupcake, so I offered to bring in the good fortune and tell them that I would make and bring in GF cupcakes, So i'm pretty excited and eager to see what they think about them :) I'd say I make pretty damn good cupcakes ha ha.

1/2 Cup White Rice Flour


1/4 Cup Sweet Rice Flour

1/4 + 1/8 Cup Tapioca Flour

1/4 Cup cocoa powder (watch your source on this one!)

1/2 Tsp Baking Soda

1/2 Tsp salt

1 1/2 Tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp Xantham Gum

2 Eggs

3/4 Cup Sugar

1/2 Cup Milk

1 tsp vanilla

2 Tbs Red Food coloring (liquid)

If you're interested in making some GF cuppy cakes, try this recipe.

I'm noticing more and more that resturants and grocery stores are becoming more aware of this allergy/disease. It is nice to see that they have more stuff and foods. Makes it a lot easier to find stuff I can actually eat and enjoy. I noticed it at school too, makes me very happy to see that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment